Download: 2019 Greeley Park Art Show Prospectus
- For Jury: Submit materials – artist statement and at least 5 images of your work to GreeleyParkArtShow@gmail.com within 1 week of your application.
- For Featured Artist: Submit no later than July 15th. Submit materials to GreeleyParkArtShow@gmail.com.
- Early Bird Deadline: May 15th, 2019
- Deadline: July 15th, 2019
- Late Fee applied after July 15th Deadline.
- Show Dates: August 17th 10:00a – 5:00p & 18th, 10:00a – 4:00p
- Jury Notifications: Monthly, Saturday after the first Wednesday of the month.
- Feature Artist information/ads must be sent in by July 15th.
INFORMATION & GUIDELINES:
Scroll Down for ONLINE Application
All spaces/booth MUST have tents able to withstand winds and rain as well as weights to secure the tents (no stakes allowed). This show is a rain or shine event. No sale signs or handwritten signs. Please consider displaying your company name or artist name. Try adding decorative touches like a nice fabric table cloth and a plant or two! Your ultimate goal is to create a 10×10 outdoor art gallery. Your display cannot only add value to your product but it will also be what brings the customer into your booth. Make it different, make it classy, and make it match your personality as an artist!
Eligibility & Participation Guidelines:
Open to all artists 18 years of age or older working in:
- Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image or the manipulation of a source material is executed by the artist using a computer. Photographs taken through a digital camera should apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category.
- Drawing: Works created using such dry media as chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencils and wax crayon or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category.
- Graphic & Printmaking: Print works for which the artist’s hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens, which have been signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category.
- Painting: Works created using such materials as oils, acrylics and watercolor, are in this category.
- Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist’s original image (e.g., film or digital) which have been processed by the artist or under their direct supervision, are included in this category. Images printed through software such as Photoshop are to be entered in this category, not in mixed-media or digital.
- Ceramics: All original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry accepted in this category. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, each piece must be signed.
- Fiber: All work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, leatherwork, tapestry, and paper making. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns, or other forms of mass productions are permitted. No factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modifications or enhancements by the artist may be exhibited. No knitted or crocheted items.
- Glass: Original work created in glass by the artist. Pressed glass and massed production are not permitted.
- Jewelry: All jewelry, whether the work is produced from metal, glass, fiber, paper, other materials must be entered in this very limited category. No commercial casts, molds, or production studio work allowed. Bead stringing is not allowed.
- Metalwork: Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metal. No production studio work is allowed.
- Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work done in any medium (e.g., bronze, stone, acrylic).
- Wood: Original works that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category.
- Mixed Media: This category includes works, both 2D and 3D, that incorporates more than one type of physical material to produce. Includes non-sculptural work as determined by the artist.
ALL prints/reproductions/cards are allowed; however, they must be marked as such. If you have questions or need clarification, email us at GreeleyParkArtShow@gmail.com.
The artist must have at least five finished pieces to display and the work must be original, executed within the past THREE years. Entry into this outdoor art show establishes an agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions listed in the prospectus and is a contract to display only what was applied for on the entry form. Artists may market prints, limited editions and greeting cards of their original works. Copies of original work must be identified as such.
- “Crafts”, which include any item(s) that can be identical if desired, including anything that uses a pattern or involve the same sequence steps to produce nearly identical results.
- No mass produced or resale merchandise is allowed anywhere in the show.
- No knitted or crocheted items, and no beading/string jewelry allowed.
- Per the NAAA and city ordinance, artists cannot display artwork with mature or adult content as this is a family event…NO NUDES.
$20 | a non-refundable jury fee must be enclosed with all applications meeting the following requirements:
- ALL 3-D Art MUST be juried every year, with full description on how it was made. If the artist participated in the 64th or 65th Greeley Park Art Show, their jury fee is waived.
- ALL 2-D Art must be juried if the artist did NOT participate in the 64th or 65th Greeley Park Art Show.
Booth Space & Installation:
To request a particular location, be sure to apply before June 16th. Volunteers get first choice of location! We cannot guarantee that all requests will be honored, but will consider them on a first-come basis. Booth size is 10 feet x 10 feet. The NAAA provides only the space: Artists are responsible for their own tents, racks, walls, etc. All show registrants are expected to be ready for business at 10:00 a.m. each day, and staff their booth through the entire show. Tents are required to display due to the nature of this show in order to protect the art work from any form of precipitation. Only can the Executive Board dismiss artists due to rain, artists are not permitted to leave early and must be open for the entire show. Due to the underground sprinkler system, stakes are NOT allowed to secure tents, please use weights. Parking for artists is available in lots after load-in, but parking on Concord Street is reserved for show visitors. No vehicles are allowed on the grass at any time.
Deadline: July 15th. All applications postmarked after the deadline will require a late fee of $25.00.
- NAAA Booth | $100.00
- EARLY BIRD RATE: Deadline May 15th| $90.00
- Non-Member Booth | $155.00
- EARLY BIRD RATE, Deadline May 15th| $145.00
$20, $35, $50 | Would YOU like to be featured in the Greeley Park Art Show Brochure, which is distributed to hundreds of visitors over the two-day show? If so, submit the fee, your photo or a photo of your artwork, plus a biography or artist statement for publication in the art show brochure! $20 for a business card sized ad, $35 for half-page, $50 for full page. All information MUST be submitted by July 15th to GreeleyParkArtShow@gmail.com. NOTE: If materials/info is not submitted on time the artist will not be featured in the brochure and forfeits the fee. (See Sample – Featured Artists 2014!)
Security, Liability, & Sales:
The NAAA retains security services over Friday and Saturday nights, but property left at the site remains the responsibility of the artist. The NAAA is not responsible for any loss or damage to artist property during the dates of the show, and makes no guarantees of foot traffic or art sales during the event. Additionally, the Greeley Park Art Show is NON-COMMISSION.
It’s that time of year again! The 65th Greeley Park Art Show will be here before you know it and the NAAA are looking for volunteers to be a part of this exciting event. The Nashua Area Artists Association is a non-profit organization (501)(c)(3) which depends solely on the volunteer efforts of its members. Volunteers are needed to operate this major, regional art event. Come and participate in a variety of ways, before, during, and after the show. Enjoy the show from a different angle and meet the great people that live in your community! Artists who are volunteering and participating at the Art Show are given first choice of booth selection. Get your family, friends, and co-workers together to sign up as volunteers! If you’re interested in helping, email GreeleyParkArtShow@gmail.com.
Art Competition & Awards:
- Work entered in the competitions must have been created since August 1, 2019.
- All artwork must be finished and have a wire for hanging.
- Judges reserve the right to not issue award/prizes in a category if they deem the work subpar or if there are not enough pieces of art in that category for judging.
- Further details will be mailed to participating artists prior to the show, including the application.